Donate Your Time
For a rewarding, fulfilling and enriching experience
Call to Volunteer
Over 450 volunteers work with Senior Services of Albany in providing services to homebound seniors that enable them to remain at home and independent.
Ways to Volunteer
- Friendly Home Visiting: Volunteer to visit weekly with a homebound senior in Albany County. Connect, share interests and begin a long-lasting friendship.
- Grocery Shopping Assistance: Shop weekly or bi-weekly for a homebound senior in Albany County. Matches are made based on location and shopping needs. Shoppers pick up a list and payment then shop and deliver groceries to the senior’s home.
- Meals on Wheels Delivery: Deliver meals and smiles to homebound seniors in the Capital Region one to five days a week. Work as part of a team or as an individual. Meal delivery occurs weekday mornings and takes one to two hours.
- Health Insurance Volunteer Counselors: Work with our HIICAP (Health Insurance Information, Counseling and Assistance Program) Coordinator to provide education on Medicare, Medicare Part D Prescription Coverage, Medicare Savings Plans and more. SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol) volunteers are also needed to educate seniors on how to identify and report Medicare fraud which costs the U.S. up to 60 billion dollars each year.
- Design Your Own Community Service Day: Work with our Volunteer Coordinator to create a customized community project event for your organization, faith-based group or company. Past projects include: preparing and serving meals, washing delivery vehicles and helping out at special events.
Becoming a Volunteer
Download a Volunteer Application and return to the Volunteer Coordinator via fax, mail or email. A personal interview is required before volunteering begins.
Senior Services of Albany
20 Rensselaer St.#2D
Albany, NY 12202
Attention: Volunteer Coordinator
- Bethlehem Senior Services, Town of
- Brunswick Center Services
- Center for Disability Services
- Guilderland Senior Services
- Living Resources
- McKownville Church
- New Visions of Albany
- NYS Department of Civil Service
- Occupations, Inc.
- Questar III
- Rensselaer County ARC Community Incl Prgm
- Versatrans Solutions, Inc.
- Wildwood Day Services
- Wildwood School
- UAlbany Girls Volleyball Team