For a rewarding, fulfilling and enriching experience
Call to Volunteer
Making a Difference Everyday
Ways to Volunteer
- Meals on Wheels Delivery: Deliver meals and smiles to homebound seniors in the Capital Region one to five days a week. Volunteers work as part of a team or as an individual. Meal delivery occurs weekday mornings and takes one to two hours.
- Health Insurance Volunteer Counselors: Work with our HIICAP (Health Insurance Information, Counseling and Assistance Program) Coordinator to provide education on Medicare, Medicare Part D Prescription Coverage, Medicare Savings Plans and more. SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol) volunteers are also needed to educate seniors on how to identify and report Medicare fraud, which costs the U.S. up to $60 billion each year.
- Design Your Own Community Service Day: Work with our Volunteer Coordinator to create a customized community project event for your organization, faith-based group or company. Past projects include: preparing and serving meals, washing delivery vehicles and helping out at special events.
Becoming a Volunteer
Download a Volunteer Application and return to the Volunteer Coordinator via fax, mail or email. A personal interview is required before volunteering begins.
Senior Services of Albany
32 Essex St.
Albany, NY 12206
Attention: Volunteer Coordinator
Some Words From A Volunteer
“Isn’t it amazing how small Albany is even today? I recently started working with a woman that lives only a few blocks from my home. At first she was a little anxious to have someone new in her home, helping her with shopping and medical appointments, etc. As it turns out, we discovered she lived three doors down from my Aunt and Uncle, and her sister was very close to my cousin. All of these people have since passed and it was a wonderful coincidence for us to have found each other. Not only am I able to help her stay safely in her home, but we’re also able to reminisce about our families. Our connection has not only enhanced her life, but it has also enriched mine. It truly is a small world.” – Senior Services Volunteer
- Bethlehem Senior Services
- Brunswick Center Services
- Center for Disability Services
- Guilderland Senior Services
- Living Resources
- McKownville Church
- New Visions of Albany
- NYS Department of Civil Service
- Occupations, Inc.
- Questar III
- Rensselaer County ARC Community Inclusion Program
- Versatrans Solutions, Inc.
- Wildwood Day Services
- Wildwood School
- UAlbany Girls Volleyball Team